16.7.05

Heathrow is Beginning to Feel a lot Like Home

Once again I did not make my connecting flight back from Europe! The details are boring, but the upside is that I'm at Heathrow where there is a flight to Chicago every two hours. If I make it on standby, I'll arrive to The Palacio only two hours late, which means I should still be able to attend the Chivas v. Real Madrid football match. Let's hope.

Reflections on Milano
Overall, I liked this city a lot more than I thought I would. I think the main reason for this was the hospitality of the locals. We went out for a long, Italian dinner every night, and the food, conversation, and caffe normali (espressos) were first-rate. Italy has jumped quite a few notches on my unofficial list of favorite countries.

Italiano
I find it incredibly fun to speak the Italian language. I am really horrible at it, but I love when I can just modify my Spanish, throw in some Italian phrases I know, emphatically move my hands around, and somehow be understood. Italian might be the most fun language to speak (and not only for the beautiful Signorinas! ... okay, but that does have something to do with it!)

Withdrawal
While I was in Milano, I drank an espresso (with sugar) three times a day. This, combined with the wine and the lack of sleep literally caused me to shake by the end of the week! I don't expect to drink any coffee for a while, and I'm concerned that I'll experience my first caffeine withdrawal. We'll see!

Okay, I've got to go to the gate to see if I can get on the 12:20 flight!

Powered by Blogger