14.2.06

Back Down Under

"Back Down Under," now those are three prepositions that I wish I could phrase together more often! The weather is great, the food is great, and the people are great down under in Sydney, Australia.

Upon arrival on Sunday, I revisited some of the highlights of the city such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Opera House, The Rocks, and Darling Harbour. I earned a slight sunburn by walking too long without sunscreen.

On Monday the locals took us out for a long dinner. Generally, the guys here are always up for a good time, and they see any visitors to their office as a perfect excuse to make a night of it. We went to a great restaurant called Waterfront for excellent seafood, beer and wine. I tried a white fish called John Dory, a lager called James Squire, and a cabernet/merlot blend from Barossa Valley. Between the food, drinks and catching up on company-wide gossip, we were out until midnight.

Somehow, I woke up early Tuesday morning to get a work-out in before getting to the office. After work, I met up with an old friend and co-worker for drinks. She was out with some of her friends and the group of us ended up dining at a nice Malaysian restaurant called Melea. In two nights so far, I've had seafood and Asian food, both genres that are very well mastered in this city and genres I plan to eat much more of in my remaining days here in the Australian summer.

Powered by Blogger