23.3.05

Sovanski, PSN Mix-off, Orange Days

Sovanski
I just returned from a Sovanski open mike appearance, always a good time. Sovanski is an aspiring artist, one who is still growing into his own, and still learning his creative potential. He is also my cousin. Tonight, I heard "Sticks & Stones," and "Ghostwriting" among others. I just love to watch Sovanski stepping onto the stage. I really believe that, in life, there are those who dance, and the rest of us are watching. Sovanski, this was one of your nights to dance, and I was proud to watch tonight.

Pink Shirt Night III Mix-off
Last night Mark and I judged the PSN III - Chicago Mix-off. It was a difficult task, but it was a task I would gladly take on again. There is something simple and wonderful about friends getting together to express our mutual memories in music. I was very impressed with everyone's efforts, and I can't wait to continue listening to these mixes as time goes on. But, I must shout out to the winner, Chico Blanco. Way to go! (Refer to Ceebsinchicago.blogspot.com to see pictures of this event.)

Pink Shirt Night
I finally registered pinkshirtnight.com!!! Don't go there quite yet, it will disappoint you, but expect great things in the not too distant future (as in, after the Roma vacation).

Orange Days
Today, 24 March, is a day to remember orange. The Fighting Illini will play the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee later today at 6:25 PM. If you think of it, wear orange and turn on a television to watch them be doin' it.

Powered by Blogger