28.7.05

A Quiet Night

Tonight I finally invested some time looking into MBA programs and the GMAT. For a while, I've been thinking that Autumn 2006 would be a good time to go back to school, and ESADE is my first (and possibly only) choice for a school. It seems I have until springtime 2006 to complete applications for next year. Nonetheless, I need to get on a studying regimen for the GMAT so that I can take it this calendar year.

As I was exploring the ESADE website, I realized that in order to matriculate in the Spanish section of the their 18-month program, I must pass the DELE Superior test of Spanish proficiency. I hope that one of my local bookstores sells books for this purpose!

Another side project I am beginning is the learning of Italian. The results of our recent Milan audit ensure that someone in our department will return to visit that office within a year. In order to boost the odds that I am sent in that direction again, I would like to be proficient in Italian. This is one of the reasons, anyway, that I am now interested in the Italian language.

Quiet Week
After a busy weekend entertaining my Mexican friends, and then a fulfilling Sunday of visiting my family, and then after a lively and victorious Cubs' game on Monday night, I have enjoyed three nights of consecutive quietude. It's been good to sort through some documents at The Palacio, and equally beneficial to retire early each night as I awake at 5:30 AM for early mornings at the office.

Other Chicago News
Many of you should have heard about the Fordham Spire, a new skyscraper, designed by Santiago Calatrava, set to be built in the next 5-10 years (if the contractors can change the zoning of the land on the north bank of the Chicago River, along Lake Shore Drive). Can I just say that my Spanish blood is overheating with desire to see this project come to fruition! Of course, I am biased toward my fellow Spaniard and his work, but really, he is internationally reknowned, and his buildings are so much fun! Prices for one bedrooms will be at least in the US$600,000 range, so I don't think I'll move from The Palacio just yet, but I can dream!

Powered by Blogger