21.11.05

It's Good to be a Rock Star




On Monday, Devlin and I were exploring the Inca ruins of Sacsayhuaman when a flock of girls must have recognized us as two of the Palacio boys. They were on a ledge above us and it appeared that they were taking our pictures, but I didn't believe that they were doing so until a couple minutes later when we climbed up the ruins and ended up walking toward the group when one of them suggested they take a picture with us. For the next 10 minutes, approximately 50 girls and 10 mother-chaperones took their turns taking pictures with us. I think 10 cameras were being used, and lots of people were saying, "quiero una foto con el gringo." One of them was leaning against me, with her head near my heart, and she said, "siento tu corazón, gringo." I think the funniest part of the experience was that the mothers even wanted to take their pictures with us. Personally, I think it was because of the authentic poncho that I was wearing, but common sense would indicate that they do not get to meet many nice gringos around their parts (in Guadalupe, Peru).

When the paparazzi was finished, we took the photograph above for our own scrapbooks. I must say, for 10 minutes at least, it was good to be a rock star...

Powered by Blogger